In this video, you'll learn tricks to overcome common eating problems and find out whether popular diets are actually good for transplant survivors. Nutritionist Julie Lanford will discuss:
- Nutrition during treatment & beyond into survivorship
- Typical American diet versus healthy survivor diet
- GVHD Nutrition Tips
- Food safety
- Myths: are they true or false
- Why eat a variety of plants, whole grains and legumes and limit red meat?
- Whether or not supplements protect against cancer
- Nutrients in food vs. a pill form
- The role physical activity plays and how much physical activity is enough
- Eating when fatigued
- How to eat despite nausea and vomiting and changes in taste and smell
- Helpful resources
This video is a recording of the workshop conducted at the 2017 Celebrating a Second Chance at Life Survivorship Symposium. It is a 30-minute presentation followed by a 30-minute Q & A session.
This article is in these categories: