You are here
Author: Susan K. Stewart
Illustrations: Norm Bendell
CAR T-cell therapy is an exciting new treatment currently approved by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration for patients with certain types of lymphoma, acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and multple myeloma. Researchers are studying whether it can help other cancer patients as well.
If you are considering CAR T-cell therapy, this easy-to-read colorful booklet will help you understand what to expect when going through treatment. Reviewed by a team of CAR T-cell therapy experts, the booklet addresses these topics:
- What is CAR T-cell therapy?
- What's involved in undergoing CAR T-cell therapy?
- What are the side effects of CAR T-cell therapy?
- Follow-up care after CAR T-cell therapy
- Why is a caregiver important for CAR T-cell therapy patients?
- Financial considerations
- Medical centers that offer CAR T-cell therapy
- Does CAR T-cell therapy cure cancer?
Order your FREE copy today.
Many thanks to our medical advisors for this booklet:
• Maritza Alencar, DNP, MBA, APRN-BC, BMTCN®, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Unversity of Miami Health System
• Nelson Chao MD, Duke Health
• Kevin J. Curran MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
• Matthew Frigault MD, Massachusetts General Hospital
• Ajay Gopal MD, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, University of Washington/Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
• Mark Juckett MD, University of Minnesota Medical Center
• Navneet Majhail MD, MS, Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at TriStar Centennial
• Steven Pavletic MD, National Cancer Institute
• Miguel-Angel Perales MD, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
• Michael Pulsipher MD, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
• Craig Sauter MD, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
• David Vesole MD, PhD, FACP, Georgetown University Hospital and Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
• John Wingard MD, UF Health Cancer Center
and to Bristol Myers SquibbTM and Kite, a Gilead Company for their support of this publication.
CLICK HERE to order 2020 edition in Spanish. 2022 Spanish edition coming soon.