You are here
Author: Susan K. Stewart
Illustrations: Norm Bendell
CAR T-cell therapy is an exciting new treatment currently approved by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration for patients with certain types of lymphoma, acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and multple myeloma. Researchers are studying whether it can help other cancer patients as well.
If you are considering CAR T-cell therapy, this easy-to-read colorful booklet will help you understand what to expect when going through treatment. Reviewed by a team of CAR T-cell therapy experts, the booklet addresses these topics:
- What is CAR T-cell therapy?
- What's involved in undergoing CAR T-cell therapy?
- What are the side effects of CAR T-cell therapy?
- Follow-up care after CAR T-cell therapy
- Coping with the stress of CAR T-cell therapy
- The role of the caregiver
- Financial considerations
- Medical centers that offer CAR T-cell therapy
- Does CAR T-cell therapy cure cancer?
Order your FREE copy today.
Many thanks to our medical advisors for this booklet:
- Matthew Frigault MD, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Elizabeth Muenks PhD, University of Kansas Cancer Center
- Navneet Majhail MD, MS, Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at TriStar Centennial
- Craig Sauter MD, Cleveland Clinic
- Gary Simmons DO, VCU Massey Cancer Center
- Michael Tees MD, MPH, Colorado Blood Cancer Institute at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center
- David Vesole MD, PhD, FACP, Georgetown University Hospital and Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
- John Wingard MD, UF Health Cancer Center
and to Kite, a Gilead Company for its support of this publication
CLICK HERE to order 2020 edition in Spanish. 2022 Spanish edition coming soon.