In this video, Dr. Madan Jagasia of Vanderbuilt-Ingram Cancer Center discusses:
- Incidence of GVHD
- Scoring, staging and categorizing GVHD
- We make progress in treating GVHD by having the right:
- Patients in clinical trials
- Scientific tools to incorporate in research
- Interventions to study (exploring the possibility of reducing the use of corticosteroids)
- Why, until recently hasn’t there been any approved drugs for GVHD?
- Current clinical trials studying drugs to be used as front line therapy
- Current clinical trials studying drugs to be used after failure of 1-3 lines of therapy
The drug, ibrutnib,recently approved by FDA for treatment of GVHD
- Questions to ask your doctor
- Q & A
This video is a recording of the recent webinar, What You Need to Know about GVHD: Current Treatment Options and Encouraging Research. It is a 35 minute presentation followed by a 25 minute Q & A session with Dr. Jagasia.
The recording has been made possible in part by Pharmacyclics and Janssen.This article is in these categories: This article is tagged with: